CHECC grand prize competition 2018
Please visit UKCaving’s active thread to find out more about the competition, this is just here for lazy people.
To qualify you will need to do the following…
Post on the thread ‘Our CHECC Club 2018’ tell your fellow caver about your club. For those clubs who entered last year, we’re interested to hear what you’ve been up (down) to these past 12 months – Successes/difficulties with recruiting/funding/training/trips/expeditions?? For those clubs new to The Grand Prize, tell us about your club – history, famous alumni, current activities, training, expeditions etc, etc.
Student Clubs play an important role in introducing people to caving – how many new cavers joined your club this year, how did you encourage students to join your club?? The reports posted last year made interesting reading and I urge those that haven’t to take a look at https://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=22693.0
The best write up, as judged by Badlad and Pegasus wins 10 points, the runner-up 5 points. One entry per club and posted by 10pm, Saturday 24th November.
The Club that scores the highest number of points – wins! Here’s how to score more points:
1) Help to promote www.newtocaving.com. Put posters up in suitable locations where potential cavers might see them. Link New to Caving to suitable websites. New to Caving was designed to inspire and encourage new people to our sport – help us spread the word! The Club that does the best job of promoting New to Caving wins 30 points, the runner-up 15 points.
Post photographic proof on the following thread: https://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=23740.0
Posters are available from us (PM me), Inglesport, Starless River and various club huts.
Post links on this thread, where you will also find logos/banners: https://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=22143.0
Don’t forget to mention your club!
£100 Starless River voucher to the winner!!
2) Best photograph – this year’s subject is ‘Water’. Post on the ‘CHECC best cave photograph 2018 Forum’ thread. To be judged by Tommy Moore, thanks, Tommy. Entries in by 10 pm, November 24th. Max 5 entries per Club, however, don’t forget to mention your
Club! Winner 20 points, runner up 10 points.
3) Best video on any aspect of caving. Post on the ‘CHECC best cave video 2018 Forum’ thread. To be judged by James Moore, thanks
James . Entries in by 10pm, THURSDAY, November 22nd. Please refer to the ‘Best Video’ thread for the guidelines. One
entry per Club, howeverdon’t forget to mention your Club! Winner 30 points, runner up 15 points. Max 1 entry per club.
DON’T FORGET BEST VIDEO WINS £200 STARLESS RIVER VOUCHER!!
4) Design a poster/pop up banner all CHECC Clubs could use at their Freshers’ Fair. Maybe we could get the winner’s printed for use by
all clubs next year? Enter by posting on the ‘Cave Poster’ thread under CHECC. To be judged by Pegasus. Entries in by 10pm
Saturday 24th, November. Again, don’t forget to mention your Club. Winner 20 points, runner up 10 points. Max 1 entry per club.
5) Design a new logo for BCA. Can’t promise the winner’s version will be adopted by BCA, however hoping you come up with so many
great ideas BCA’s biggest problem will be choosing which one is most suitable! Note – Next don’t use a jumper in their logo, adidas
don’t use a trainer, so BCA logo doesn’t necessarily have to include stal, abseiler, cave etc. Winner 30 points, runner up 15
points. Post on BCA logo thread under BCA, don’t forget to mention your club. Max 1 entry per club.
6) Knot tying – tie 3 knots in the fastest time – knots to be disclosed at the Forum. Unlimited number of entries per club. 5 points to the
winner’s nominated Club, 3 points to the runner up’s nominated Club.
7) SRT obstacle course – the fastest safe completion of the course. 5 points to the winner’s nominated Club, 3 points to the runner up’s Club
8) Squeeze box – 5 points for the tightest squeeze and 3 points for best effort as judged by the marshal to the winner’s nominated Club.
9) Pan & sling – 5 points to the winner’s nominated Club, 3 to the runner up’s Club.
10) Full body traverse – 5 points to the winner’s nominated Club, 3 to the runner up’s Club.
(Entrants to 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 to be current students. Alumni may help with other tasks).
11) Lucky prize draw – winner 20 points, 1st runner up 15 points, second runner up 5 points. Each delegate will be given an individually numbered UKC raffle card when registering at the Forum. The ‘raffle’ will be drawn Sunday morning at the Forum – the winner/runner up may nominate which Club their points go to.
12) Each qualifying club gets to nominate 10 points to another club of their choice (not themselves!).
Clubs may nominate tactically or altruistically.
More information can be found on UKCaving.